From: "Jeffrey Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Need a gotoXY consol IO procedure for Rational Apex on Sun
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:12:02 GMT
Date: 2003-03-13T01:12:02+00:00	[thread overview]

"�rjan Leringe" <ol@mariadata.se> wrote in message
news:VeNba.75$Du.631@newsc.telia.net...
> I need a procedure to do a little more than text_IO on Rational Apex for
> Sun. Actually the only procedure need is
>
>     procedure Goto_XY (X, Y: Integer);
>
> which positions the cursor to pos X and row Y (Y can be backwards current
> position).

You probably want to use something like ncurses

http://www.familiepfeifer.de/juergen/ncurses.html

I think you can get ncurses (a GNU package ftp.gnu.org) to compile under
Solaris.
The Ada binding above was done to work with GNAT but perhaps it will work
with Apex.

Also poke around in the rational/base directory and make sure there is not
already some curses binding there.. I can't remember offhand if there
already was one.