From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Blocking syscalls in Tasks
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:06:26 GMT
Date: 2008-09-30T10:06:26+00:00	[thread overview]

Most people want to know about Ada-2005 not Ada-95, and the one and only
vendor that supports the Ada-2005 is Adacore with GNAT.  The information
that I gave was based on that vendor's system.

As for Janus/Ada, IBM and other Ada compilers to most they are outdated.
Janus/Ada and other vendors have had time to rebuild there Ada system for
XP, Vista and Linux using the Ada-2005 specs but for unknown reasons have
chosen not too.  Plus, Janus/Ada was written for Windows 95/98 and NT
which are outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft.

Note about outdated: If you call an internet provider, and say you using
Windows 95/98, they will suggest you find another provider. Because,
they say they no longer support any outdated OS. Even though the OS is
still functional most people and companies do not want anything to do
with an outdated software.

Also, back in the late 90s using Windows 98, GNAT used threads that was
based on Microsoft Windows job scheduler which gave a higher performance
then the Intel cpu scheduler and threads. But as I say GNAT uses the OS
native threads, that is, threads specified by the OS not the cpu.