From: cts@kampong.aedinc.net (Craig Spannring)
Subject: Re: Getting GNAT Ada DLL to work with MSVC++?
Date: 2000/02/10
Date: 2000-02-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <38A24D1B.109879BA@mail.earthlink.net>,
A Schoepel  <schoepel@mail.earthlink.net> wrote:
>I've 'successfully' created the DLL in GNAT, have a library
>file and DLL file.  The Microsoft VC++ compiler gives me an
>unresolved external symbol error when I link my C++ code
>with the DLL.  I'm using CPP convention in the export
>pragmas,

The CPP convention in gnat (probably) mangles names the same way as
g++.  MSVC++ probably doesn't.  You'll want to export the names with
the "C" convention.  The function declarations in your C++ header file
must specify C linkage as in

  extern "C"

 Life is short.                  | Craig Spannring
      Bike hard, ski fast.       | cts@internetcds.com