* Re: INFO-ADA Digest V93 #82
@ 1993-02-26  2:10 Chris
From: Chris @ 1993-02-26  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

   I have programmed in Ada for about 2 years as a student, which I still
  am.  I really like it alot probably because of the simple fact that
  I programmed in that language more than the others. So I feel more
 confident in using it. Don't get the impression that Ada is bad, a
 professor told me once, always give something a chance you will see
 the pros and cons much better. Ada has giving Zyme a better understanding
 of programming and now I am a much better programmer, not because I know
 Ada best, because of the fact that I understood the meaning of programming
 better using the Ada language. I have developed a bunch of programs in Ada.
  Which in some other languages could have been done, much easier. Ada is
 slowly developing into a good language now that Ada 9x will be released,
 this will probably give Ada new highs, and probably become more efficient.
  So that is my experience.
   Later

       Chris Kislow.

* Re: INFO-ADA Digest V93 #82
@ 1993-02-26  2:15 Chris
From: Chris @ 1993-02-26  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Meridian I think has a graphics package that can develop the graphics
  you want, plus the Janus/Ada complier does also, but I think you have
 to find the company that produces the complier to obtain the packages,
  But they are out there I know it is a bit tedious to go and look
 for this info. but I had to it for my Ada class. I am student at
Stockton State College, and finding this out was a real pain. If my
 memory holds correct Meridian does have a graphics package.

* Re: INFO-ADA Digest V93 #82
@ 1993-02-27 23:05 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-02-27 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <CMM-RU.1.3.730692612.kislow@pilot.njin.net> kislow@PILOT.NJIN.NET (Chris) writes:

>   I have programmed in Ada for about 2 years as a student, which I still
>  am.  I really like it alot probably because of the simple fact that
>  I programmed in that language more than the others. So I feel more
> confident in using it. Don't get the impression that Ada is bad, a
> professor told me once, always give something a chance you will see
> the pros and cons much better. Ada has giving Zyme a better understanding
> of programming and now I am a much better programmer, not because I know
> Ada best, because of the fact that I understood the meaning of programming
> better using the Ada language. I have developed a bunch of programs in Ada.
>  Which in some other languages could have been done, much easier. Ada is
> slowly developing into a good language now that Ada 9x will be released,
> this will probably give Ada new highs, and probably become more efficient.
>  So that is my experience.
>   Later
>
>       Chris Kislow.

It's nice to see a posting from a student indicating that his experience
in school with Ada was overall a positive one. We get so used to flames here...

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage