* Strange linker problem with Adagraph
@ 2001-01-29 22:56 vrw
From: vrw @ 2001-01-29 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,
I am trying to compile a program that uses Adagraph (compiler I'm using is
gnat 3.12 on Win32 environment), and compilation works fine, only the linker
whines about:
"ld: cannot open -ladagraph: No such file or directory"
When I searched the system (maybe that file was placed in a wrong directory,
etc.) nothing came up.
Also when omitting the  dash in front of the name, nothing came up. What
could cause this ?
I am at a loss with this...
Please help.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Volkmar

* Re: Strange linker problem with Adagraph
@ 2001-01-30 11:51 ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 2001-01-30 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

vrw schrieb:

> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to compile a program that uses Adagraph (compiler I'm using is
> gnat 3.12 on Win32 environment), and compilation works fine, only the linker
> whines about:
> "ld: cannot open -ladagraph: No such file or directory"
> When I searched the system (maybe that file was placed in a wrong directory,
> etc.) nothing came up.

Have you installed adagraph ?
Look at
http://homes.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/adagraph.html
for the files ag05cgn.zip and ag05dupd.zip

Install adagraph. Try again.

@ 2001-01-30 13:55 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-01-30 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

You need to realize that a linker argument of -ladagraph directs the
linker to look for a file named libadagraph.a (or possibly libadagraph.so).

The linker will look for this file in the standard directories in which
it normally looks for library files, plus any directories you have
specified with a -L argument to the linker.

Look at the documentation for ld for more details.

If  neither libadagraph.a nor libadagraph.so is not present, then you
may need to reinstall adagreph.