* GNAT GPL 2013 on OS X Mavericks
@ 2013-10-25  1:34 Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2013-10-25  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed Mavericks on my second computer (I'm not stupid 8-) and
find that gnatmake fails at the link stage: ld fails to find libraries and
reports them as missing from /usr/lib.  They are present in Xcode for OS X
10.8, but not in 10.9.  Adding the library location in Xcode to LIBRARY_PATH
seems to make no difference.  Copying one or two from Xcode to /usr/lib
makes ld go on to complain about others; copying the lot borks Mavericks.

Reinstallation looms ...

BTW, doinstall in Mavericks demands that the Xcode licence terms be agreed
to before it will complete the installation!

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* GNAT GPL 2013 on OS X Mavericks
@ 2013-10-25  6:12 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2013-10-25  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

No need!!!

Installing the command line tools is different. Try this http://www.computersnyou.com/2025/2013/06/install-command-line-tools-in-osx-10-9-mavericks-how-to/

I installed them via the Apple developer website but this should work. The CLTs used to be install able from within Xcode itself but that seems to have changed.

-- Martin

* GNAT GPL 2013 on OS X Mavericks
@ 2013-10-25  6:35   ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2013-10-25  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

The new Mavericks command line tools are there too.

-- Martin

* Re: GNAT GPL 2013 on OS X Mavericks
@ 2013-10-25 12:37   ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2013-10-25 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25/10/2013 07:12, in article
57803fce-2177-4820-a9e1-51715dd97b44@googlegroups.com, "Martin"
<martin@thedowies.com> wrote:

> No need!!!
>
> Installing the command line tools is different. Try this
> http://www.computersnyou.com/2025/2013/06/install-command-line-tools-in-osx-10
> -9-mavericks-how-to/

Thanks, Martin.  Reinstalling Mavericks now.

> I installed them via the Apple developer website but this should work. The
> CLTs used to be install able from within Xcode itself but that seems to have
> changed.

Yes, they are not listed among the dowloadable components.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: GNAT GPL 2013 on OS X Mavericks
@ 2013-10-26 17:10     ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-10-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin <martin@thedowies.com> writes:

> https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
>
> The new Mavericks command line tools are there too.

Yes! Thanks!