From: olivea!news.bu.edu!inmet!dsd!ryer@uunet.uu.net  (Mike Ryer)
Subject: Re: influencing vendors (was: Computational scientists...)
Date: 10 Sep 93 19:08:57 GMT	[thread overview]

I, and several other people at Intermetrics, read comp.lang.ada almost
daily, and are reckless enough to respond from time to time.

However, I don't read every article, and I don't respond to attacks that
are obviously unfounded or fallacious (in my opinion).

If you want Intermetrics to respond, and probably other vendors as well:

 - Don't post your note into the middle of a long flamefest
 - Don't post your note as a response to one of the people who's names are
   often found in kill files
 - Don't use a vague SUBJECT line (Mutant Ninja OOP Marketing CD Outrage)
 - If you want vendor's attention, put VENDORS or their names in the
   subject line.
 - Avoid mixing in other invective (G.A: We're *not* on the dole, we work
   hard for the money; we're not ignorant of marketing, we are make a living
   in this very competitive business - though perhaps it's sheer dumb luck).
 - Think about the amount of context you quote.  Many people won't look at
   a note that has more than one page of included text.  Yet, post enough
   to avoid being an out-of-context criminal.

Mike Ryer
Ada Marketing, Intermetrics