From: Bill Findlay <yaldnif.w@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Question about Rasberry Pi & Kinect [slightly off-topic]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:36:50 +0000
Date: 2012-11-17T14:36:50+00:00	[thread overview]

On 17/11/2012 04:46, in article
118e0046-2b42-45d9-8dcc-4e84c92fb17c@googlegroups.com, "Shark8"
<onewingedshark@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not really an expert on HW, so I was wondering does it [the Pi] have the
> power to process the Kinect depth data?
>
> This thread seems to indicate that it can run the EE9 emulator:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/comp.lang.ada/Raspberry
> $20Pi/comp.lang.ada/kvbWqRhv96M/lKdIqVsXD6MJ
>
> Second, I remember there being talk of Ada on/for the Pi, is that project
> still active?

GNAT is included in the Raspbian OS for the Raspberry Pi.

ee9 was compiled on, and runs on, the Raspberry Pi.

When running ee9, the 32-bit, 700 MHz Raspberry Pi is 60-70 times
slower than my 64-bit, 2.3 GHz Core i7 Macbook Pro.

That still makes the emulation 4 to 5 times faster than the historic
KDF9 hardware.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;