From: Bill Findlay <yaldnif.w@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Feedback on OpenIndiana ?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:51:55 +0100
Date: 2012-08-18T18:51:55+01:00	[thread overview]

On 17/08/2012 21:20, in article 87a9xti83j.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de, "Florian
Weimer" <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

>> The thing is I don't know much about Open Solaris either. i was just
>> wondering if you guys had any opinions about the OS in general and
>> if there is any interest in running Ada on it.
>
> I believe Solaris/SPARC was one of the primary GNAT platforms in the
> 90s.  You probably can still buy support from AdaCore for it, but
> publicly available source code will not be well-tested.

Yup.  We taught Ada 95 to 400 programming beginners each year, starting
1996, using Macs as editing stations and as terminals to a SPARC box running
GNAT 3.1*

It all worked a treat.

BTW if anyone has ready use of a SPARC box running a modern GNAT, I'd love
the chance to be able to port my KDF9 emulator.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;