* REQUEST FOR TOOL INFO:  "MATRIX"
@ 1995-04-03  0:00 R.J. Costello
From: R.J. Costello @ 1995-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you know anything about an Ada code generation tool called MATRIX (even
if you only know the vendor's name), please post a reply or send email to
rita@leo.aero.org.

Thanks for your help!

Rita

* Re: REQUEST FOR TOOL INFO:  "MATRIX"
@ 1995-04-05  0:00 ` Christopher M. Byrnes
From: Christopher M. Byrnes @ 1995-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <rita-0304951129440001@geminga.aero.org> rita@leo.aero.org (R.J. Costello) writes:
>If you know anything about an Ada code generation tool called MATRIX (even
>if you only know the vendor's name), please post a reply.
  Integrated Systems Inc. (ISI) made a tool called `Matrixx' (with the
second `x' a subscript) which also included a source code generator
called `AutoCode' which included an Ada source code generator.  I
don't have ISI's current address; but I believe they are located
somewhere in California.  Perhaps `Matrixx' is what you were thinking
about?

  Based on an evaluation we did on `Matrixx' and a number of other
CASE tools back in 1992, I can tell you it is a control theory (Moore
and Mealy machines) method-based front-end tool that can be used to
drive a number of different simulators and/or code generators.  There
was also a pre-define library (of control theory "building block"
diagrams) that the engineers could use.  You can contact ISI to see
what they've done with `Matrixx' since then.

--
					Christopher Byrnes
					The MITRE Corporation

					cb@Mitre.org