* Wanted: Native-code Ada Xlib & Xt
@ 1993-08-19 15:15 agate!spool.mu.edu!news.cs.indiana.edu!drosenfe%motown.ge.com
From: agate!spool.mu.edu!news.cs.indiana.edu!drosenfe%motown.ge.com @ 1993-08-19 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of the existence of a native-code, Ada-languange
(*NOT* and Ada binding to the C-language libraries) version
of Xlib and Xt?  If so, where are they?  Any known bugs/problems?
While we're at it, how about the Motif and/or Xview toolkits?

Thanks in advance for the help.

                                  '''
                                 (o o)
/----------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo------------------------------------\
|    David Rosenfeld       |                          drosenfe@motown.ge.com  |
|    Martin Marietta       |                                                  |
| Gov't Electronic Systems | "Most people die at 25, and wait 40 years to     |
| (formerly GE Aerospace)  |  get buried."  (Ben Franklin)                    |
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

* Re: Wanted: Native-code Ada Xlib & Xt
@ 1993-08-20  1:34 Christopher M. Byrnes
From: Christopher M. Byrnes @ 1993-08-20  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9308191515.AA00352@ivory.motown.ge.com> drosenfe@motown.ge.com writ
es:
>Does anyone know of the existence of a native-code, Ada-languange
>(*NOT* and Ada binding to the C-language libraries) version
>of Xlib and Xt?  If so, where are they?  Any known bugs/problems?
Rational developed an Ada implementation of Xlib, which happens to be
distributed (last I heard) on one of the "contributed software"
tapes/directories from the X Consortium.  An Ada/Xt implementation was
developed under STARS funding several years ago, and can be found
(among other places) in the ASSET library.  A number of published
papers and reports of both of these are available; TRI-Ada Proceedings
would be good place to start.
>While we're at it, how about the Motif and/or Xview toolkits?
While there have been a number of Ada/Motif bindings, I've never heard
of a full Ada/Motif implementation (which would be a non-trivial
effort, for a number of technical and legal reasons).

--
					Christopher Byrnes
					The MITRE Corporation

					cb@Mitre.org