* KDF9 emulator in Ada 2005
@ 2011-04-16  0:44 Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2011-04-16  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The first public release of ee9, my KDF9 emulator, is now available via:

  http://www.findlayw.plus.com/KDF9/#Emulator

The zip file includes a Mac OS X binary, and full Ada 2005 source code.

Courtesy of David Holdsworth, a Linux/FreBSD binary is available at:

   http://sw.ccs.bcs.org/KDF9/ee9.zip

(Many thanks to Simon Wright for building a 64-bit GNAT for MacOS X last
year, which rescued me from an over-hasty adoption of Snow Leopard.)

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: KDF9 emulator in Ada 2005
@ 2011-04-16  9:08 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2011-04-16  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/16/11 2:44 AM, Bill Findlay wrote:
> The first public release of ee9, my KDF9 emulator, is now available via:
>
>    http://www.findlayw.plus.com/KDF9/#Emulator

To see a computer of roughly my own age having used highlighting,
in color, making form follow function, and serving intuition
("it's that simple"...) is amazing.
I apologize if this is its least noteworthy feature.
It is spectacular.

It's got separate stacks for separate purposes!

Another of the few insights into the history of wonderful inventions
that market forces have not improved.

Thank you!

* Re: KDF9 emulator in Ada 2005
@ 2011-04-16 12:29   ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2011-04-16 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16/04/2011 10:08, in article
4da95c9b$0$6989$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net, "Georg Bauhaus"
<rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de> wrote:

> On 4/16/11 2:44 AM, Bill Findlay wrote:
>> The first public release of ee9, my KDF9 emulator, is now available via:
>>
>>    http://www.findlayw.plus.com/KDF9/#Emulator
>
> To see a computer of roughly my own age having used highlighting,
> in color, making form follow function, and serving intuition
> ("it's that simple"...) is amazing.
> I apologize if this is its least noteworthy feature.
> It is spectacular.
>
> It's got separate stacks for separate purposes!
>
> Another of the few insights into the history of wonderful inventions
> that market forces have not improved.
>

> Thank you!

You're welcome!

KDF9 does seem to inspire that sort of admiration in people,
Even 50 years after it was designed. 8-)

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;