From: agate!usenet.ins.cwru.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.ed u!cs.utexas.edu!milano!photon.mcc.com!breland@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Mark A. Bre
Subject: Re: interesting thread on comp.edu
Date: 27 May 93 16:12:25 GMT	[thread overview]

In article 11713@seas.gwu.edu, mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:

>A comment was made that a language should provide unsage stuff, but with
                                                   ^^^^^^
>safe alternatives, and done in a way so as to be sure that programmers
>know they are using the unsafe stuff. The poster said that C++ is
>"evolving" in this direction. I resisted the temptation to say how
>delighted I was that C++ is finally evolving, in this area, to where
>Ada was 10 years ago.

Do I detect something Freudian here?  ;)

---
Mark A. Breland - Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation (MCC)
Ada Fault Tolerance                               | voice:    (512) 338-3509
3500 West Balcones Center Drive                   | FAX:      (512) 338-3900
Austin, Texas 78759-6509   USA                    | internet: breland@mcc.com