* The Entire Software Development Community
@ 1993-05-21 19:56 Karl A. Nyberg
From: Karl A. Nyberg @ 1993-05-21 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1078@fedfil.UUCP> news@fedfil.UUCP (news) writes:

>I do know that the entire software development community of the United
>States has irrevocably standardized on C and C++, and that they've also
>basically taken one look at Ada, and said "You've got to be kidding!"

Would you be glad to share your methodology for your survey and explain how
it is that it was so flawed that it ignored segments of the population for
which you claim to be speaking?

>I know that such complex software items as the varied flavors of UNIX,
>the commercial databases, the commercial wordprocessors, Windows NT,
>etc. etc. ad infinitum are all being written in C/C++.  They all work.

I know that such complex software items as the air trafiic controllers of
various countries are being written in Ada.  They all work.

I'm also glad that you chose to ignore all the postings about bugs in
commercial software, databases, operating systems (like the DOS 6.0 problems
with compression?).  Having your myopia must be wonderful.

-- Karl --
--
Karl Nyberg			-- karl@grebyn.com
Grebyn Corporation		-- 1-703-281-2194

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-05-21 19:56 UTC | newest]