From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!m oe.ksu.ksu.edu!kuhub.cc.ukans.edu!hawk!billk@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Bill Kinners
Subject: Re: Survey shows:  Ada not popular for reengineering
Date: 5 May 93 19:17:56 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <C6KBBr.4t2@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian)

writes:
:
: 			Cobol		37%
: 			4GLs		20%
: 			C++		16%
: 			C		15%
: 			Other		11%
: 			Ada		 5%
: 			Smalltalk	 3%
: 			Basic		 2%
: 			Fortran		 2%
:
Other possible conclusions:

--People still use Cobol more than C and C++ combined.

--3GLs preferred over 4GLs by 4 to 1.

--There are so many 4GLs with no clear winner that people tend to lump
  them all together.

--More people would rather use BASIC or Fortran than have to learn Smalltalk.

So what's the point?

P.S. Is there an archive somewhere of all the Aharonian posts?  I'm afraid
that I may have missed a few of the early ones.
--
--Bill Kinnersley
  billk@hawk.cs.ukans.edu