* MGPL -- modified GPL -- refs please ...
@ 2002-02-08 18:49 John H. Lindsay
From: John H. Lindsay @ 2002-02-08 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would someone please post a pointer to the text of the MGPL
and, if possible, to a summary of the differences between
the GPL and the MGPL ?  Thanks.

John.

--
John H. Lindsay                        jlindsay@kingston.net

* Re: MGPL -- modified GPL -- refs please ...
@ 2002-02-08 19:14 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-02-08 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John H. Lindsay" <jlindsay@kingston.net> wrote in message
> Would someone please post a pointer to the text of the MGPL
> and, if possible, to a summary of the differences between
> the GPL and the MGPL ?  Thanks.

MGPL?  Do you mean the Gnat Modified GPL?  If so, try here
http://home.snafu.de/~boavista/

The only refs I got to MGPL proper were for psycho-babble-tronic mind
jamming equipment and a web library.

Chris

* Re: MGPL -- modified GPL -- refs please ...
@ 2002-02-09 20:20   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2002-02-09 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:14:47 -0000, "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
strongly typed:

>"John H. Lindsay" <jlindsay@kingston.net> wrote in message
>> Would someone please post a pointer to the text of the MGPL
>> and, if possible, to a summary of the differences between
>> the GPL and the MGPL ?  Thanks.
>
>MGPL?  Do you mean the Gnat Modified GPL?  If so, try here
>http://home.snafu.de/~boavista/

I guess John means the Mozilla licence. Sorry, maybe someone else has a
reference.

--
Nick Roberts

* Re: MGPL -- modified GPL -- refs please ...
@ 2002-02-10  0:23     ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-02-10  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Nick Roberts" <nickroberts@ukf.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:14:47 -0000, "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
> strongly typed:
>
> >"John H. Lindsay" <jlindsay@kingston.net> wrote in message
> >> Would someone please post a pointer to the text of the MGPL
> >> and, if possible, to a summary of the differences between
> >> the GPL and the MGPL ?  Thanks.
> >
> >MGPL?  Do you mean the Gnat Modified GPL?  If so, try here
> >http://home.snafu.de/~boavista/
>
> I guess John means the Mozilla licence. Sorry, maybe someone else has a
> reference.

If that is case you can find the text of the MPL here

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mozilla1.0.html for version 1.0

and here http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mozilla1.1.html for version 1.1

alternatively they can be found at www.mozilla.org.  A quick search yielded
no clear and simple explanation of the license, nor a comparison with the
GPL, but it was a very quick search and a more thourough search would
probably give something relevant.  My understanding of the MPL is that it is
designed to allow the inclusion of propriatry code into an open source
development, though I could be wrong.

Chris