* Sydney Opera House
@ 1993-02-23 10:35 SAHARBAUGH
From: SAHARBAUGH @ 1993-02-23 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On the tour boat ride of the Sydney Australia harbor the announcer
said that the architect of the world famous opera house had never
laid eyes on it.  It seems that the architect had a falling out
with someone (the developer, the Government?) and refused to ever
go to see  his creation.  I'm sure someone from Australia will correct/
fix this anecdote.
  I immediately recalled this while reading Ichbiah's resignation
posting.
  If someone does induce Jean to re-post his resignation here it
should inspire a very large commentary.
  Question:  Was the Sydney Opera House architect a Frenchman?  I recall
that the bridge designer was American but I can't recall where the
opera house architect's homeland.
sam harbaugh
p.s. On National Public Radio's popular "Car-Talk" one of the hosts
stated that there is a popular saying in the car industry,
"The French copy noone and noone copies the French"
---

* Re: Sydney Opera House
@ 1993-02-28 19:57 ` Thomas N Erickson
From: Thomas N Erickson @ 1993-02-28 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

SAHARBAUGH@ROO.FIT.EDU writes:

>  Question:  Was the Sydney Opera House architect a Frenchman?  I recall
>that the bridge designer was American but I can't recall where the
>opera house architect's homeland.

Not a very Ada question, but if my recollection serves me right (I lived
in Oz for 4 years), the architect was Danish.

Tom
Tom Erickson					Alsys
tne@world.std.com				67 South Bedford Street
						Burlington, MA 01803