* Ada compilers and cross-compilers
@ 1993-01-20  8:42 Bradley Edelman
From: Bradley Edelman @ 1993-01-20  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

What Ada compilers are avialable on MS-DOS?  On ULTRIX?  Are there any Ada
cross- compilers?  Particularly, from UNIX to MS-DOS and UNIX to ULTRIX?

Brad. [brad@hawk.adied.oz.au]
Australian Defence Industries Ltd,
Enterprise Unit 3, Technology Park,
Bentley, WA 6102, Australia.
Tel: (09) 333 8888.  Fax: (09) 333 8889.

* Re: Ada compilers and cross-compilers
@ 1993-01-20 21:44 usc!howland.reston.ans.net!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!eff!world!tne
From: usc!howland.reston.ans.net!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!eff!world!tne @ 1993-01-20 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

brad@hawk.adied.oz.au (Bradley Edelman) writes:

>What Ada compilers are avialable on MS-DOS?  On ULTRIX?  Are there any Ada
>cross- compilers?  Particularly, from UNIX to MS-DOS and UNIX to ULTRIX?

We at Alsys have two DOS compilers, a 16 bit and a 32 bit.  We do not
offer a cross to DOS from UNIX, however Ada programs that work using a
native UNIX compiler from Alsys will work using our 32 bit DOS compiler
with few changes if any.

For more information,call:

RADE Systems Pty Ltd.
PO Box 136
Watsons Bay, NSW 2030
(02)264-7165
Contact: Shayne Flint

--
Tom Erickson
Alsys

* Re: Ada compilers and cross-compilers
@ 1993-01-26 12:37 paolo amoroso
From: paolo amoroso @ 1993-01-26 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you are interested in freely redistributable implementations of
Ada, you can look at the posting "Catalog of compilers, interpreters
and other language tools [part 1/2]" by David Muir Sharnoff in
comp.lang.misc.

I have the "Janus Ada Compiler 2.1.3" by RR Software for MS-DOS. I
bought it some months ago by mail from UK for the equivalent of about
$ 100. I like it because of its high performance/price ratio. The
compiler, which is of course validated, generates code for the small
and large memory models. It comes with several libraries (including
the one for tasking and one for accessing DOS services) and some
tools (a make, a library manager, a linker, etc.).
The package includes JET (Janus Extended Tutorial), a tutorial with
code samples on disk and a quiz program.
RR Software also produces a version of the compiler for 386 systems
and, if I remember well, one for UNIX. Other programming tools are
available (additional libraries, a debugger, a profiler, etc.).
If you have questions, send e-mail to my home address.

Paolo Amoroso - Via Pietro Boifava, 24 - 20142 Milano - ITALY
paolo@explora.sublink.ORG (Home) - amoroso@ghost.dsi.unimi.it (Univ.)
--
Paolo Amoroso - Via Pietro Boifava, 24 - 20142 Milano - ITALY