* X-Windows Bindings?
@ 1992-12-31 18:46 saimiri.primate.wisc.edu!aplcen.apl.jhu.edu!aplcenmp!dennisk
From: saimiri.primate.wisc.edu!aplcen.apl.jhu.edu!aplcenmp!dennisk @ 1992-12-31 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any info about the current state of the X Bindings?
Is this a faq?
The only aspect holding my project back from switching to Ada
from 'C' is the binding...Hope there is a solution...
Thanks ...

* Re: X-Windows Bindings?
@ 1993-01-02  6:01 Thomas N Erickson
From: Thomas N Erickson @ 1993-01-02  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

dennisk@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu (Dennis M. Kavanagh) writes:

>Is there any info about the current state of the X Bindings?
>Is this a faq?
>The only aspect holding my project back from switching to Ada
>from 'C' is the binding...Hope there is a solution...
>Thanks ...

There are several commercially available bindings to X and Motif for Ada.

At Alsys, we offer:

AdaMotif	A binding to the 'C' X and Motif libraries
AdaXlib		An Ada implementation of the X libraries

For further information about these offerings, contact:

Scott Dorman (617)270-0030

--
Tom Erickson
Alsys

* Re: X-Windows Bindings?
@ 1993-01-02 13:23 agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!hellgate.utah.edu!fcom.cc.utah.edu!cc.utah.edu!eyrin
From: agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!hellgate.utah.edu!fcom.cc.utah.edu!cc.utah.edu!eyrin @ 1993-01-02 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

This info is from the FAQ in comp.windows.x

Subject: 135)! Where can I obtain alternate language bindings to X?

..(Non Ada binding info deleted)...

        The SAIC Ada-X11 bindings are through anonymous ftp in /pub from
stars.rosslyn.unisys.com (128.126.164.2).

        There is an X/Ada study team sponsored by NASA JSC, which apparently is
working out bindings. Information: xada@ghg.hou.tx.us.

        Ada bindings to Motif, explicitly, will eventually be made available by
the Jet Propulsion Laboratories, probably through the normal electronic
means.  Advance information can be obtained from dsouleles@dsfvax.jpl.nasa.gov,
who may respond as time permits.

        AdaMotif is a complete binding to X and Motif for the Ada language, for
many common systems; it is based in part upon the SAIC/Unisys bindings and also
includes a UIL to Ada translator. Info: Systems Engineering Research
Corporation, 1-800-Ada-SERC (well!serc@apple.com).

        Also: the MIT Consortium, although not involved in producing Ada
bindings for X, maintains a partial listing of people involved in X and Ada;
information is available from Donna Converse, converse@expo.lcs.mit.edu.

(end of FAQ)

I also know that Verdix has XView and Motif Ada bindings.  They
have an Ada version of gxv so you can use DevGuide.

Telesoft has Ada bindings also.

I've seen Rational (?I think) Ada bindings to X in the contrib area for X11R5.