From: world!tne@uunet.uu.net  (Thomas N Erickson)
Subject: Re: Ada on massively parallel supercomputer
Date: 17 Dec 92 21:14:36 GMT	[thread overview]

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 14:52:04
From: Didier De Bie <debie@alsys.fr>
To: srctran@world.std.com
Cc: tne@world.std.com
Subject: comp.lang.ada

Dear Mr Aharonian,

Subject: More on parallel

>    I remember reading that Alsys was developing an Ada compiler for the
>Transputer processor.

Yes, Alsys has a product that allows development of Ada applications for a
network of Transputers (T4 or T800). It includes a standard Alsys Ada
Environment (AdaWorld) for the Transputer, AdaProbe - our source level
debugger and source browser, and other host tools such AdaReformat and
AdaXref.

To address the specificities of application developments for parallel
computers, and in particular the Transputer, we have developed the AdaMap
product that allows to map an Ada application on a network of transputers,
assigning one or several tasks to each processor. The system break-down is
described to AdaMap in a simple and well designed language.

If you are interrested to know more, please contact

    Scott Dorman
    Alsys
    67, South Bedford street
    Burlington, MA 01803-5152
    Tel: (617) 270 0030

Didier De Bie
Alsys
Deputy Vice President - International Marketing

--
Tom Erickson
Alsys