* Re: Ada compiler for VM/CMS
@ 1992-12-14  5:01 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1992-12-14  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <parris.723675336@ash.cs.scarolina.edu> parris@cs.scarolina.edu (Bar
ry Parris) writes:
>I understand that IBM no longer sells their Ada compiler for VM/CMS.  Does
>anyone know of other compilers?  This would be for an IBM 9375.

Hmmm. I checked the Oct. 92 validated compiler list, and indeed the
compiler you mentioned seems to be gone. IBM seems to be concentrating
on their RISC 6000 line now. The good news is that Alsys has a
compiler for VM/CMS.

The compiler list is available by anonymous ftp from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu,
directory public/info-ada. The file is called val-comp.hlp.<date>;
the latest would be val-0comp.hlp.01Dec92. The list gives not only
all validated compilers but also names and phone numbers of contacts
at all the vendors. A useful document.

The IBM VM/CMS compiler was written by TeleSoft. I wonder if TeleSoft
has gotten back the rights to sell it, now that IBM seems to have
dropped it?

Good luck.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"Americans want the fruits of patience -- and they want them now."

* Re: Ada compiler for VM/CMS
@ 1992-12-14  5:41 Thomas N Erickson
From: Thomas N Erickson @ 1992-12-14  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

parris@cs.scarolina.edu (Barry Parris) writes:

>I understand that IBM no longer sells their Ada compiler for VM/CMS.  Does
>anyone know of other compilers?  This would be for an IBM 9375.

We at Alsys have a VM/CMS compiler.  Please call Scott Dorman, (617)270-0030.

--
Tom Erickson
Alsys