From: "chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: In place matrix multiplication?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 14:54:02 +0200
Date: 2003-06-01T14:54:02+02:00	[thread overview]

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> Something like this, I presume:

Thanks Dmitry.

I've simplified it by just using a floating point type, rather than an
abstraction (the abstraction provided only additional complexity and
little benefit otherwise).  Now I'm wondering if the cost of the more
complex code is more expensive than doing an out of place multiplication
followed by a copy back to the original array.  I guess that'd depend on
the code and the compiler.  How do I find out which is cheaper in time
for a given compiler (GNAT)?

Thanks Again,
Chris