* Good Ada development tools on Sparc?
@ 1992-10-09 12:35 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!darwin.sura.net!paladin.amer
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!darwin.sura.net!paladin.amer @ 1992-10-09 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since I have been unable to locate a FAQ, I'd be grateful for any advice
or pointers to information about good SPARC-based Ada development tools.
(So far, I only know about the Rational Environment.)

Some points to consider (you don't have to know about them all):

- Compiler/interpreter/linker:
	Support for short edit/compile/test-cycles?
	Incremental linker?
	Editor integration?
	Performance analysis?
- Debugger:
	Source/assembly level?
	Graphical, screen-based or simple TTY interface?
- GUI-tools:
	Code library?
	Interactive GUI-designer?
	Application framework?
- Interfaces: Other languages, etc?
- Vendor: Name, phone, fax? Approximate cost?

I'm also interested in cheaper "low-end" environments, in case you have any
first-hand experience.

Thanks!

--
Ulf Lagerstedt                  "When the grammar checker identifies an error,
Communicator C3Consult           it suggests a correction and can even makes

* Re: Good Ada development tools on Sparc?
@ 1992-10-09 18:49 Tho mas N Erickson
From: Tho mas N Erickson @ 1992-10-09 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

ulf@julius.c3consult.comm.se (Ulf Lagerstedt) writes:

>Since I have been unable to locate a FAQ, I'd be grateful for any advice
>or pointers to information about good SPARC-based Ada development tools.
>(So far, I only know about the Rational Environment.)

>Thanks!

>--
>Ulf Lagerstedt                  "When the grammar checker identifies an error,
>Communicator C3Consult           it suggests a correction and can even makes
>Stockholm, Sweden                some changes for you."
>ulf@c3consult.comm.se           Microsoft Word for Windows 2.0 User's Guide.

Ulf,

We at Alsys have support for the Sun SPARC with the features you are
looking for, including a new GUI interface for our tools.

In Sweden, you should contact:

Alsys AB
Patron Pehrs Vag 10, Box 1085
141 22 Huddinge, Stockholm