From: Benjamin Shade <ben@shadebs.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Professional GUI Builder
Date: 1996/10/21
Date: 1996-10-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have used the previous version of ObjectAda (ActiveAda 5.2.2 - Ada '83
for Windows NT) and the GUI builder that comes with that sounds similar
to the one your are all talking about (although I have not as yet
installed or seen the new ObjectAda).

The best way of using the old version is to just use it for basic window
layout and no more. After that it is best to write the windows program
using 'code' and not go back to the GUI editor. If your are can write
windows programs using 'C' or 'C++' then it is often not worth using it
at all and just write vanilla Ada with the Win32 and use a Resource
Editor for producing those pretty windows!

Has anybody used both the old ActiveAda and the new ObjectAda? Is its
GUI builder any better?
Ben Shade -> Home: Ben@shadebs.demon.co.uk
Portsmouth|> Work: ???????@gecm.com
England,UK|> Web : http://www.shadebs.demon.co.uk