From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Strange error in ADA program
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:54:25 GMT
Date: 2001-12-04T14:54:25+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <2a5P7.6268$yB2.127086@news1.oke.nextra.no>, Stian Kaasa says...

>I have an ADA program with a strange problem.
>The program builds fine ( Solaris 2.5.1, VADS ADA 6.2.3 ), but during
>execution it stops with the following error:
>
>Error in kernel:: exception_handler: unexpectet SIGILL code 0
>
>I expected control to be sent to my Exception handler, but this is not
>happending.

The way I remember it (we are talking about 6 years ago), that compiler uses
certian signals internally for its tasking exec. You have to be aware of that,
and avoid using those signals. You may want to check your VADS docs to see if
SIGILL is one of them.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.