From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: TRON for AdaOS
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:50:41 GMT
Date: 2005-02-17T12:50:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Would you happen to have any links or textbook references?

I like the idea of an Ada RTOS - although others have been built. (Might
be better to start from something like RTEMS & build on it?) There are
also various realtime Linux implementations one might learn from. At
least one implementation I have heard of runs a single realtime process
and then coughs up any leftover CPU time to run the rest of Linux. I
hear it works pretty well and provides a basis for an OS that does
something Windows doesn't do. You've got to think of why anyone would
want an Ada OS besides the fact that it is implemented in Ada.

MDC

Marius Amado Alves wrote:

> Nick Roberts, David Botton, and all:
>
> Have you considered the TRON Specifications for AdaOS?
>
> Just an idea that may or may not speed up AdaOS construction, and at the
> same time tap into a somewhat different but striving (at least in Japan)
> market.
>
> The TRON Specifications are a set of open specifications of real-time
> operating systems. Initially developed at Sakamura Labs I think.
> Personal Media Corp. (also Japanese) now offers the T-Engine Kit at
> circa 1500 euros. The T-Engine Kit is a TRON-based combination of
> hardware and software for system development.

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m   o   d   c @ a   m   o   g