* Debugger for Windows
@ 2001-10-16  9:46 le
From: le @ 2001-10-16  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you suggest a good Debugger which supports tasking analysis ?

* Re: Debugger for Windows
@ 2001-10-16 13:49 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-10-16 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9qgvm6$3ka$1@e3k.asi.ansaldo.it>, le says...

>Can you suggest a good Debugger which supports tasking analysis ?

What Ada compiler are you using?

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

* R: Debugger for Windows
@ 2001-10-17  8:38   ` le
From: le @ 2001-10-17  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >Can you suggest a good Debugger which supports tasking analysis ?
>
> What Ada compiler are you using?

Gnat 3.13p

* Re: R: Debugger for Windows
@ 2001-10-17 14:31     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-10-17 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9qjh1t$qb4$1@e3k.asi.ansaldo.it>, le says...

>> >Can you suggest a good Debugger which supports tasking analysis ?
>>
>> What Ada compiler are you using?
>
>Gnat 3.13p

There is a nice GUI version of GDB that comes with that compiler. I haven't had
occasion to try it with a tasking program yet though.

If you don't like that one, I'd check out GVD
( http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/ , but I can't get there right now for some
reason. I hope its up.) I haven't had a chance to try it out, but supposedly
tasking/thread debugging support is one of its main features.

---

@ 2001-10-17 22:13       ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2001-10-17 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com> writes:

> In article <9qjh1t$qb4$1@e3k.asi.ansaldo.it>, le says...

> >> What Ada compiler are you using?
> >
> >Gnat 3.13p
>
> There is a nice GUI version of GDB that comes with that compiler. I haven't had
> occasion to try it with a tasking program yet though.
>
> If you don't like that one, I'd check out GVD
> ( http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd/ , but I can't get there right now for some
> reason. I hope its up.) I haven't had a chance to try it out, but supposedly
> tasking/thread debugging support is one of its main features.

Just to clarify, both GVD and the Tk-based GUI that comes with GNAT
are front ends for the Gnu Debugger, which is called gdb. It seems the
Tk-based GUI is also called 'gdb'; another ambiguity.

It it gdb that provides the support for tasking; the GUI front ends
make it either easier or harder to use. I use Emacs as a gdb front
end, so I can't comment on the GUI tools.

--
-- Stephe