From: "Jeff C," <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Command Line Argument Package
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:50:57 GMT
Date: 2004-07-27T23:50:57+00:00	[thread overview]

"Larry Kilgallen" <Kilgallen@SpamCop.net> wrote in message
news:Dva2i$xEkliG@eisner.encompasserve.org...
> In article <dckNc.38087$eM2.37786@attbi_s51>, "Jeff C," <jcreem@yahoo.com>
writes:
> > I've posted a command line argument helper/utility package that I've had
> > around for a while. I've used it on a few small things and had intended
> > clean it up some more and post it someday but it is already pretty
useful.

> It would be better for your announcement of such to indicate what you
> mean by "command line argument" processing.
>
> Is this restricted to the "-this -THAT" Unix-style command lines ?

It is "designed" around the Unix/GNU approach (-f hello.txt or --file
hello.txt) but it really does not make
the -this assumption. Will work just file with /X /A /C style "Win32"
arguments but it will then not accept win32
style subarguments (since they are often concatentated onto the argument in
question (e.g. format /T:80)

Nothing stops you from using Unix like options on win32 platforms. Plenty of
programs do.

Granted on vxWorks it probably won't work for calling arbitrary routines
from the target shell.

On an osless non-command-line OS it might not work at all.