From: "James S. Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: ADA Tasks
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:56:01 GMT
Date: 2002-12-02T04:56:01+00:00	[thread overview]

"Khuram Imtiaz" <khurmie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:a5a588a6.0212011837.5e378fd6@posting.google.com...
> Is it possible to have tasks which contain both (entries/accepts and
> calls).Could this be a bad idea? If so, why? can someone explain it
> with a pseudo code. I would appreciate your help in this regard.

There are two fundamental ways for tasks to communicate with
each other. The oldest is the Rendezvous. The newest is
protected objects.

The Rendezvous provides direct, synchronous communication
between tasks. Protected objects allow indirect, asynchronous
communication through shared data.

There is no way to define a "call" other than an Entry or a
protected operation between tasks.

Jim Rogers