From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Alsys Ada Compiler DOS/DOSE Packages
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:29:53 GMT
Date: 2003-06-02T18:29:53+00:00	[thread overview]

>Also, does anyone know if you can draw a table/grid and then populate
>it with values?  This entails positioning the cursor on the screen at
  Your DOS system should have support for ANSI control codes (you may
have to boot with ANSI.SYS in config.sys, IIRC), and Mike Feldman has
an ANSI cursor control package (search www.adaic.com).  Alternatively,
you can define a 24x80 array of byte pairs, where one of the bytes
is the character and the other is the color, "use at" to put it at
16#B800#,0 (IIRC), then do your own string write and cursor control.

>software contains numerous calls to the DOS and DOSE packages that,
>more detailed explanation of the package contents (other than the
>specs) so that I can create some packages that in effect do similar
  How many different procedures are in those specs?  It probably
has a simple INT21h call with and without full register sets, and
BIOS calls with specifiable INT number.  Those should be pretty
simple to recreate or use the not-very-different versions in your
current DOS targetted compiler.