* Re: Are there any job openings for Ada programmers/software engineers?
@ 1993-08-04 23:20 Brian Hanafee
From: Brian Hanafee @ 1993-08-04 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

>After reading ba.jobs and the San Jose Mercury for the last year, I've
>seen exactly four jobs advertised for Ada software engineers.  I may have
>missed a few postings or ads, but in the same time period I have seen
>hundreds of job openings for C++ programmers.  Of the Ada jobs that I did
>see, two were compiler-related and the other two were consultant/short term
>positions.
>
>So, either there just aren't any positions, or I am looking in the wrong
>places or using the wrong approach.  Comments or suggestions welcome!

Odd. My company placed just such an ad in the San Jose Mercury within
the past 8 months, and the open positions were neither compiler-related
nor short term.  Judging from the response, I'd say it got printed in
at least a few editions.  Maybe you're looking in the right place, but
not very carefully.

p.s. The position is no longer available.  Sorry.
--
Brian Hanafee                         Advanced Decision Systems
bhanafee@ads.com                      1500 Plymouth Street

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-08-04 23:20 UTC | newest]