From: Andrew Reynolds <drewr@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: GVD port planned for Mac OS X?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:04:54 GMT
Date: 2002-02-27T02:04:54+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2/26/02 4:27 PM, in article uu1s46ihv.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov, "Stephen Leake"
<stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison) writes:
>
>> Michael Card <thehouseofcards@remove.this.part.mac.com> wrote in message
>>> I was wondering if anyone knows if a port of the GNU Visual Debugger
>>> (GVD) is in the works anywhere for Mac OS X? I have used the Solaris
>>> version that comes with GNAT 3.14 and I thought it was pretty good.
>>>
>>> Since there is a GNAT beta being developed for Mac OS X, does that mean
>>
>> A Gnat port would certianly be a prerequisite. I'd imagine there'd be
>> more work involved in porting it after that than simply compiling the
>> existing GVD sources.
>
> Yes. GVD is based on the Gtk GUI, so that also needs to be ported.

The following have been ported to Mac OS X:

GNAT-5.0w (FSF source tree, includes tasking using GNU pth)
gdb-5.1 (Mac gdb-208 w/Ada modifications)
GtkAda-1.2.12 (all demos from testgtk working)
gvd-1.2.4 (buggy)

To find GNAT and gdb go to the following link:

http://adapower.net/macos

There is a binary distribution and patches for GNAT and gdb. Patches and a
binary distribution for GtkAda and gvd are being assembled and should be on
the site by Friday.

Drew Reynolds
GNAT OS X Development Team