From: "joecool" <nobody@nowhere.com>
Subject: Re: Lines-Of-Code Utility?
Date: 1998/11/02
Date: 1998-11-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Well.... there are different standards for calculating lines of code in
source files.  Particularly with C code.

Many projects, in attempting to track software development costs and
determine areas where the software development process can be improved,
collect what are called software metrics.   I'm not trying to insult
anyone's intelligence.  I know many, if not most, of the readers of this
newsgroup are aware of what software metrics are.  I simply provided this
brief & simple description for those who MAY not know what they are so
please do not be offended. :-)

I need a lines-of-code utility that will run on NT and produce reports on
lines-of-code for Ada 95.  It would be nice if it can run recursively on a
specified directory  structure.

If there are various standards for reporting lines of code for Ada 95, I
would like to know them.  I am looking for any information anyone can
provide on such utilities.

Thanks

Brian Orpin wrote in message <3642c88c.24407137@news.geccs.gecm.com>...
>On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:29:05 -0600, "joecool" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know if there is a utility that will run on NT 4.0 that can be
>>run in batch mode to generate a report on the lines of code contained in
Ada