From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Standard Packages
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:29:01 +0100
Date: 2001-04-20T20:29:01+01:00	[thread overview]

> > There are lots of references to the c standard library on the web, is
> > there someplace I can find that same info for ada?
>
> The reference manual describes completely all the standard packages,
> and this part of the standard is quite readable, it is on the web at:
>
> <http://www.adapower.com/rm95/arm95_216.html>
>
> > My immediate problem is how to read/write binary files.
> > I've found text_io but that doesn't look like quite what I want.
>
> May be Ada.Streams.Stream_IO will better suit your
> needs.

If so you might want to check my example.  I put it up after I had some problems
with Streams.  The folks here helped me to get it working, so I thought I'd put
it up so others don't have similar difficulties.

I moved my page for a while cos' the server down and it's too slow anyway.
You'll find the new speedy site at http://members.tripod.com/willowplan

Hope this helps,
Chris Campbell