From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: ADA compilers/ difference between 83 and 95
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 05:34:25 GMT
Date: 2005-06-04T05:34:25+00:00	[thread overview]

Chris Albertson wrote:

> If there is a problem where is it?  What part of the language spec
> changed in an incompatable way?  Yes I do have some old code that
> currently runs on a VAX and I'm like to get it running on a
> Duel Xeon system under Solaris 10.  I assumed only minor work
> would be required.  I think gnat has a switch to disallow
> the '95 syntax.

I've compiled lots of Ada-83 code with Ada-95 compilers and never had a
serious problem. The important thing is that the code was designed to be
portable in the first place. If you have lots of compiler or platform
dependencies in your code, it becomes harder.

--
Jeff Carter
"Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou