From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: AdaHome - A Persistent Problem
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:20:25 -0700
Date: 2008-04-02T19:20:25-07:00	[thread overview]

"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:fsu1su$8p3$1@jacob-sparre.dk...
> <adaworks@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> The recent article by Mr. Bill in the Circuit Cellar included a reference
>> to www.AdaHome.com.  This is an effectively dead site and it seems
>> that no one is able to get rid of it.  Consequently, people are misled
>> into going there instead of to one of the sites that is kept current.
>> Does
>> anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?   Has Magnus, the
>> original author, vanished or is he simply angry about something
>> regarding Ada to the point that he is using this as some kind of
>> revenge?
>
> I believe it is the latter. He's rebuffed multiple attempts to take over
> or
> even purchase the site from him. And he obviously is paying money to keep
> the site up in its current form (probably not a lot, but surely more than
> nothing). He rarely even responds to messages from Ada people.

Sounds like a challenge for some ambitious individual to make it more of a
nuisance for Magnus to keep the site alive than to take it down.  Perhaps
giving him a flood of email requests to take the site down or turn it over
(perhaps automated).  I don't normally condone such activity, but it appears
that his keeping the site up in its current state is malicious.

Regards,
Steve
(The Duck)