* Re: Informal "poll" about a minor AdaGIDE improvement
@ 2001-08-22 11:55 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-08-22 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>This is right on the money. The Undo is really annoying.
>Remembering the last cursor position is nice. I wouldn't mind it
>being the default, nor would I find one more option to configure
>problematic.

Anyway it is easier to return to the top of the text than
to find where you were in a previous session. I also enjoyed
the feature while programming it ;-)...

>I'll try to remember features I wanted....

>  Off the top of my head: showing a list of installed libraries, so the
>progammer (= student) can choose what he needs, without dealing
>with -largs -lXXX. Scanning for the libraries depends on paths etc., unless
>you have a better suggestion.
>[Example of use: when I press the choose libraries menu item I see that I
>have ASIS, XML, etc. installed]

I suppose it would be ideally added to the local GNAT options,
in addition to what you put by hand with "-Ixxx" (Ada libraries)
or "-largs -lXXX" (link level things). With procedures and these
local options you have a "project" without the heavy machinery of
project files.

G.

* Re: Informal
@ 2001-08-22 19:13 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-08-22 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Ehud:

>Personally, I always found such behaviour irritating. Don't make this
>the default!

2nd reply: I add it in the wish list, of course as non-default,
user-sensitive option.

G.

* Re: Informal
@ 2001-08-22 19:11 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-08-22 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Ehud:

>One thing that may be nice is choosing Debug and getting the -g
>switch. [But this shoudln't be a part of the library choosing > dialog, of
>course]

The "-g" is already in current 6.42 version (previously it was
either -O2 or -g, which is not appropriated).

G.

* Re: Informal
@ 2001-08-22 18:55 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-08-22 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> >Perhaps it should remember *what* files were open when it was closed, and
>reopen
> > them though. I've noticed other IDE's (Tornado at least) do that.

>Personally, I always found such behaviour irritating. Don't make this the
>default!

I also find it very annoying (using sometimes Winedt).
After all the most-recent-used menu is there for that purpose.

Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

NB: Do not answer to sender address, visit the Web site!
    Ne r�pondez pas � l'exp�diteur, visitez le site ouaibe!

* RE: Informal
@ 2001-08-22 16:16 Beard, Frank
From: Beard, Frank @ 2001-08-22 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'

I agree with Ted on this one.  I would rather have it default
to reopen the previous files, because it's easier to close
files than remember which ones were open.  Aonix ObjectAda
remembers the files by project.  I have come to rely on this
to help me remember where I was and what I was doing.

Frank

>Perhaps it should remember *what* files were open when it was closed, and
>reopen
> them though. I've noticed other IDE's (Tornado at least) do that.

Personally, I always found such behaviour irritating. Don't make this the
default!

Ehud

* Informal "poll" about a minor AdaGIDE improvement
@ 2001-08-21 22:59 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-08-21 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hullo.

These times I'm toying with AdaGIDE sources.
I have added the following feature:

  AdaGIDE remembers the line & column position of cursor
  after closing a window, for the next reopening.

In current release, windows always open in the (1,1) position.
When you have work sessions around line 537 of source A and
1203 of source B etc., I find more comfortable that an IDE
remembers positions.

Q: do you prefer the feature to be optional (but it would be
   one option more) ?

Remark: wishes are welcome! I already have a list...