* Ada calendar package
@ 2001-10-25  1:36 Corey Minyard
From: Corey Minyard @ 2001-10-25  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if anyone had an Ada package for doing calendar type
manipulations.  Yes, I know about Ada.Calendar, but I'm looking for
something more complete, something like java.util.Calendar.

I found one old package on AdaPower that didn't seem very complete.  The
Gnat.Calendar stuff looks like a very good start, but I don't want to be
compiler-specific, so I would have to take that from GNAT, remove the
GNAT specific stuff, and put it into my package.  It would be really
nice to be able to parse and manipulate dates, do locales, etc.

Anything available?

-Corey

* Re: Ada calendar package
@ 2001-10-25  2:43 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-10-25  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

There is a package in the Original Booch Components
(available on AdaPower.com) Calendar_Utilities -- but it
doesn't do locales.

> I was wondering if anyone had an Ada package for doing calendar type
> manipulations.  Yes, I know about Ada.Calendar, but I'm looking for
> something more complete, something like java.util.Calendar.
>
> I found one old package on AdaPower that didn't seem very complete.  The
> Gnat.Calendar stuff looks like a very good start, but I don't want to be
> compiler-specific, so I would have to take that from GNAT, remove the
> GNAT specific stuff, and put it into my package.  It would be really
> nice to be able to parse and manipulate dates, do locales, etc.
>
> Anything available?
>
> -Corey

* Re: Ada calendar package
@ 2001-10-25  4:47 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2001-10-25  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I was wondering if anyone had an Ada package for doing calendar type
>manipulations.
  The problem is that the answer is a plethora of "Yes"s.  There was
a thread here some time ago and many people offered packages, all
slightly different.
>Gnat.Calendar stuff looks like a very good start, but I don't want to be
>compiler-specific, so I would have to take that from GNAT, remove the
>GNAT specific stuff, and put it into my package.  It would be really
>nice to be able to parse and manipulate dates, do locales, etc.
  Claw.Time is not compiler specific, does (Windows) locales, etc.
I think the source is included in the downloadable intro version
located at www.adapower.com  As one of its authors, I think highly of
it. :)