* Seeking advice
@ 2003-02-09  5:36 Tony
From: Tony @ 2003-02-09  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

My apologies in advance if some of these questions have been answered
recently or are contained in a FAQ that I should have read before posting :)

I would like to begin doing some commercial programming and ADA seems like a
very appealing language.  However, I am concerned about a number of issues:

1. Development environments seem to be horrendously expensive.  Are there
any reasonably priced (for me this means probably sub $1000) compilers/IDEs
available?

2. Are there any licencing issues with using the gnat compiler for
commercial work?

3. Is interest in ADA increasing/remaining steady/decreasing?  For example,
will ADA still have significant support in, say, five years?

4. Are there any graphics libraries which are supported on multiple
platforms (preferably Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris)?

Thanks,

Tony

* RE: Seeking advice
@ 2003-02-10 19:01 Beard, Frank Randolph CIV