From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: Word counting
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:26:40 GMT
Date: 2003-12-12T18:26:40+00:00	[thread overview]

wave wrote:

> It's not going very well, if you can tell :)
> I'm missing my fopen commands and tokenize functions from PHP!

Have you looked at operations such as Find_Token, Count, and Index in
Ada.Strings.Fixed?

Looking at your example I see the following words (non-whitespace
surrounded by whitespace):

1 word of length 1

is
an
it
in

4 words of length 2

but
see

2 words of length 3

This
file
work

3 words of length 4

input
we'll

2 words of length 5

should

1 word of length 6

example
minute.

2 words of length 7

0 words of length 8

hopefully
correctly

2 words of length 9

This doesn't agree with your expected results of 1 / 4 / 2 / 3 / 1 / 2.
Perhaps if you can decide what your requirements are, you'll find it
easier to fulfill them.

--
Jeff Carter
"C++ is like giving an AK-47 to a monk, shooting him