From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: basic ada question
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:41:38 -0700
Date: 2005-08-22T06:41:38-07:00	[thread overview]

"Randy" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:xB6Oe.6857$M3.4264@trnddc05...
> Steve wrote:
>

>> A few years ago I translated a bunch of Pascal source code to Ada using a
>> tool I obtained through this newsgroup.  I tweaked the sources of the
>> translator to qualify all of the names in the procedure and function
>> calls in the generated Ada code.  In most cases it made the code more
>> readable than the original Pascal sources.  It also identified a number
>> of bugs.
>>
>> Steve
>> (The Duck)
>
> Hi.  That sounds like an interesting tool.  Do you have a link to it still
> or perhaps I can get a copy through email?
> Thanks a lot :)
> (Does it have source too? or just binary?)
> Randy

I will email the original author of the translator to see if he has any
objections to my passing on the sources.

A couple of notes:
  The module was written specifically to translate VAXeln Pascal (EPascal).
  Comments in the sources are very sparse (it took me a long time to make
revisions).
  The translation was not complete, but was probably better than 95%.
  It got a few (though very few) things wrong.

It's been a while, but as I recall after running the translator it took
about 20 minutes per KSLOC to fix up the translated code.

Steve
(The Duck)