* gnat cross compilation
@ 2008-08-19 21:37 RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2008-08-19 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

any docs available on building gnat cross compiler? My goal is to
target an embedded platform (MSP430 if possible but ARM primarily). I
realize that adacore does have a PPC based embedded solution - but it
is not clear they are GPL.

any pointers appreciated. srini

* Re: gnat cross compilation
@ 2008-08-20 13:39 ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2008-08-20 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com wrote:

> any docs available on building gnat cross compiler? My goal is to
> target an embedded platform (MSP430 if possible but ARM primarily). I
> realize that adacore does have a PPC based embedded solution - but it
> is not clear they are GPL.
>
> any pointers appreciated. srini

Most recent thread on this topic:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/75412f14b0c43a2d/7a8075357a11ea75?lnk=gst&q=devkitpro#7a8075357a11ea75

Also, take a look at RTEMS (and perhaps MaRTE OS?)

* Re: gnat cross compilation
@ 2008-08-20 19:52 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2008-08-20 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> any docs available on building gnat cross compiler? My goal is to
> target an embedded platform (MSP430 if possible but ARM primarily). I
> realize that adacore does have a PPC based embedded solution - but it
> is not clear they are GPL.

I think AdaCore will only supply you with this compiler if you are a
supported customer, in which case you would get the GMGPL version and
could create and distribute proprietary applications. Of course nothing
would stop you distributing under the GPL if you wanted, even if you
used a GMGPL compiler.

* Re: gnat cross compilation
@ 2008-08-20 22:36 ` anon
From: anon @ 2008-08-20 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

For Some docs try:

    http://kegel.com/crosstool/

Or try  ( copied from another post )

     from:  Samuel Tardieu   Jul 1.

Quote:
     if you want to give it a try, I produced a quick patch for the latest
     GCC SVN trunk which may work or may not work.

     You must:

        - fetch the latest GCC sources from the FSF, SVN trunk, see

            http://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html

          to retrieve the sources

        - apply the patch found at

            http://www.rfc1149.net/tmp/arm-linux-gnat-port.patch

        - build and install a native Ada+C compiler from those patched
          sources

        - build and install a cross compiler from those patched sources
          using the compiler built previously (it is important to have the
          cross-compiler built from a native compiler using the same
          version)

       I do not have any ARM board to test it. Please keep me informed
       privately (maybe keeping each other in Cc:) of how it went, so that I
       can add this patch to the GCC sources if it is working for you.

       Sam
       --
       Samuel Tardieu -- s...@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/

Unquote: