* select semantic
@ 2005-04-27 10:46 Marcin B.
From: Marcin B. @ 2005-04-27 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to ask about semantic of "select" instruction.
In a few "when" branches I use EntryName'COUNT.
Are conditions in "when" branches being recalculated, when
EntryName'COUNT changes??

--
Best regards
M.B.

* Re: select semantic
@ 2005-04-27 16:34 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2005-04-27 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin B. a �crit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask about semantic of "select" instruction.
> In a few "when" branches I use EntryName'COUNT.
> Are conditions in "when" branches being recalculated, when
> EntryName'COUNT changes??

No. Guards (the official name of the condition that follows "when") are
calculated only once, when you enter the select statement.

OTOH, it is quite unlikely that you *really* need to depend on a guard
that includes a 'Count attribute. Could you post what you are trying to
do? There might be a better solution.

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)