From: brett <user@compgroups.net/>
Subject: AWS install problems
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:12:44 -0500
Date: 2010-05-14T22:12:44-05:00	[thread overview]

Hello,
I'm trying to install the AWS package so that I might try eMail access from an Ada program,

I'm using GNAT/GPS 2005 under Sidux 2009-4

I apt-get to installed the various GNAT AWS files from the Debian repository without problems, however when
trying to access the AWS functions I encountered a few problems.

Note: I have setup the two export variables thus:

brett@sidux94:~$ export
declare -x ADA_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/share/ada/adainclude"
declare -x ADA_OBJECTS_PATH="/usr/lib/ada/adalib"

I also included the

/usr/share/ada/adainclude

in the GPS Project Properties  'source files' list

I copied the example program 'Test_Mail.adb'  from the downloaded
Aws file from AdaCore site to use as a base learning tool.

During the compilation phase I ran into a few missing files, which was
a bit disconcerting as I assumed the installed software was complete
and tested. ?!?

Missing were:
aws_os_lib.ads    ( I found a file aws_os-lib_definitions.ads )
ssl_thin.ads      ( I found a few ssl_??.abs files, so I chose ssl_thin_openssl.ads )

So I copied the found files and renamed them as required, I realize this might cause
later problems but I was interested to see if the compile would proceed.
It did without errors, until the following:

gnatmake -g -d -P/home/brett/Ada-eMail/test_mail.gpr test_mail.adb
gcc-4.4 -c -g -I- -gnatA /usr/share/ada/adainclude/aws/aws-translator.adb
cannot generate code for file aws-translator.adb (missing subunits)
to check parent unit for errors, use -gnatc
aws-translator.adb:402:04: warning: subunit "AWS.TRANSLATOR.CONVERSION" in file "aws-translator-conversion.adb" not found
gnatmake: "/usr/share/ada/adainclude/aws/aws-translator.adb" compilation error

[2010-05-15 12:50:23] process exited with status 4 (elapsed time: 01.51s)

This error is beyond my limited Ada knowledge to even contemplate a quick 'fix'

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Brett

---