From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: C v C++
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:01:18 -0500
Date: 2001-11-30T17:01:20+00:00	[thread overview]

Well its hard to blame a whole design method for every form of code bloat
and yes, I agree that a lot of it has to do with bad design and poor
management of a project. Still, with OOD there is some non-trivial overhead
that goes with the implementation and the method itself leads to a kind of
over-generalization that can make the code expand in size from what might be
a more optimal solution. You get flexibility, ease of enhancement and
reusability out of that sort of design, but you're paying for it by having
the code increase in volume.

I don't think OOD is the worst offender, but it certainly contributes. Its
also not necessarily a problem that code may be more bloated than it
absolutely has to be. Depends on what you're doing...

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer