* SuSE 7.3
@ 2001-11-27 11:13 Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2001-11-27 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just went across the SuSE 7.3 ftp distribution. Guess what? It includes Gnat, Florist, Glade, Asis, GtkAda...

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: SuSE 7.3
@ 2001-11-27 13:33 ` Wilhelm Spickermann
From: Wilhelm Spickermann @ 2001-11-27 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

--On Dienstag, November 27, 2001 12:13:23 +0100 Jean-Pierre
Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote:

> I just went across the SuSE 7.3 ftp distribution. Guess what?
> It includes Gnat, Florist, Glade, Asis, GtkAda...

Yes, Ada reappears there for the first time since SuSE 6.0.

The packages are nearly identical to the corresponding Ada for
GNU/Linux Team (ALT) RPMs, but many of the 40 packages from ALT
are missing and they cannot be installed additionally without
overriding dependency errors as the naming was changed. SuSE has
been informed about this and I hope they will react soon.

If you have the SuSE-CDs you can use them -- the packages
available are as good as the ALT ones. (And the ALT ones include
an independent gcc. Nothing will go wrong, if your system gets a
new gcc!)
But dont fetch them by ftp. For now, it is easier and will cause
less problems if you take the ones from ALT directly.

Wilhelm