From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: Gratuitous bashing ?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:32:14 -0400
Date: 2001-10-11T13:32:16+00:00	[thread overview]

O.K. I'll accept that story. However, that sounds more like Necessity being
the Mother of Invention. (Or is it Necessity Is The Mother Of Futile Dodges
:-) In either case, it doesn't sound like somebody said: "Since we have to
program STBs, let's design a language that is suited to STB software
development..." That seems different than "Lets use a subset of C because we
are having trouble with full-up C...  Hey wait a minute! This is a new
language!!!!"

MDC
--
Marin David Condic