From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: ada project
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:08:46 -0400
Date: 2001-09-24T14:08:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Tasking is one of the unique features of Ada & a very powerful one at that.
This would be a good choice for a project to illustrate the power of Ada.
(Especially if you have a compiler and target machine that support multiple
processors!)

Without knowing how large or complex a program you must come up with, it is
hard to suggest an interesting parallel-programming project. A simple one
might be to create tasks for sorting a deck of cards. The main program
divides the deck of cards into the four suits (hearts, diamonds, spades,
clubs) and then you have four tasks that sort each suit into numerical
order. At the end, they rendesvous to merge the results. Its a small
problem, but one that at least illustrates the possibilities of how things
can be done in parallel.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic