From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: book
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:53:36 -0400
Date: 2001-09-17T15:53:37+00:00	[thread overview]

You will find lots of book resources at: http://www.adapower.com/

There are descriptions and links there for a variety of books. Check it out.

A favorite of mine for a "get started in Ada quickly" book is "Ada
Essential: Overview, Examples and Glossary" which is bookmarked at Adapower.
(For your convenience: http://www.learnada.com/)

For a more in-depth view, I rather like: "Programming in Ada 95" by John
Barnes, but many others have recommended "Ada as a Second Language" by Norm
Cohen. (Sorry. Never read that one.) Both have good reputations as good,
general-purpose texts.

Other books you can investigate at AdaPower may deal with Ada from the
perspective of a special interest (OOP, Realtime, etc.). Look over the
bibliography to see what might best suit your needs.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"Thomas SMETS" <tsmets_AT@_altern_DOT._org> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I've been on www.bn.com (Barnes & Nobles) to look for a good ADA book.
> They all seem decent but I've no idea which I should choose from the
> list

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=ada+programming&us
erid=1958UYY04J