From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: GWindows Tutorials
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:37:59 +0200
Date: 2001-09-11T00:37:59+02:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
news:lR9n7.2754$%u4.10765@www.newsranger.com...
> In article <9nj7nj$pk0$1@news.huji.ac.il>, Ehud Lamm says...
> >
> >What we should do now is combine AWS and GWindows, to create an Ada web
> >browser. Combine this with AdaXml for XML editing, and you can have
> >something very cool.
> >I am pressed for time right now, or I'd do it myself.
>
> Uhh, yeah me too... :-)
>
> Come on. You have to admit that there's just a *little* more to making a
web
> browser than slapping together XML and HTTP protocol support.
>
> However, the two might be fairly useful for building webcrawlers, site
mirrors,
> and the like.

webcrawlers and such are nice, and AWS allows you to get a lot of work done
quickly. No need for a windows library. I did some work, and am going to
enhance them with the new support for coockies.

I didn't mean to imply building an IE6 compatible browser. I meant something
a lot simpler, but still useful, and a fun project.
Basically, getting the the HTML, ultra-simply rendering and display -
including links.
This shouldn't be too hard to do.

After that, the sky's the limit....

It's all just a SMOP any way.